As dating singles prepare for the important journey ahead, the Pre-Marital Classes and Counselling Sessions (or PMC as they are generally called) help to enlighten, educate, and equip these dating singles who have decided to advance their relationship with the tools and knowledge to make their experience a success.
These very engaging and expository sessions spanning six-to-seven weeks cover a very wide range of topics including: Expectations, In-laws, Conflicts, Money, and yes, Sex. The facilitators bring to bear their years of experience in a Spirit-led atmosphere to help address a plethora of misconceptions and wrong notions as shaped by our world of today.
The PMC are an absolute eye-opener and provide the participants a very rare opportunity to acquire understanding of themselves and their spouses-to-be in a very transparent, wholesome, and enriching forum. If you are planning to get married, you need to attend the PMC.
It is strongly advised that you are not to arrange, set, or decide any wedding dates until you have attended and completed the PMCs. This includes Traditional, Court, or White Wedding Dates.
CONDITIONS & GUIDELINES
At House on the Rock, The Refuge, we recognise that a wedding is one of the most important days in a person’s life and marks the beginning of the rest of one’s life, it is our firm belief that marriage should be enjoyed, not endured.
Please find below provided a series of IMPORTANT guidelines that must be observed for those seeking to or interested in attending the PMC.
- No introduction ceremony or marriage dates should be fixed until after PMCs are fully completed and exams passed.
- We recommend that no form of marriage process should be engaged until after at least a year of courtship.
- All classes must be COMPLETED before graduation. Classes not completed in one set will have to be completed in the next available set. THERE ARE NO MAKE UP CLASSES.
- Punctuality and attendance at all classes are mandatory.
- Attendance of all Single & Mighty events during the duration of your classes is mandatory and will be part of your final assessment.
- All recommended books must be read.
- The Support Team will provide information regarding medical tests, which must all be done on the dates as provided by the Support Team.There will be a repeat pregnancy test a week prior to your wedding for those getting married in HOTR.
- Decide what kind of wedding ceremony you want. If you are having just a Registry Wedding, the Church Office must be informed well in advance – ideally a minimum of 4 weeks; this so that a church blessing will be done accordingly. NOTE: WE DON’T CONSIDER YOU MARRIED AFTER YOUR TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE.
- It is wise to keep Traditional and Church Wedding dates as close as possible especially for those who come from parts of the country where the Traditional Wedding is considered as the main one.
- There will be a personal counselling interview for each couple soon after the pre-marital classes commence. Please contact your counsellor as soon as you are assigned one by the Support Team.
- For weddings at HOTR, ceremonies are held on the second Saturday of the month, and the Church must approve of your wedding date before you go ahead with any plans particularly printing of invitations.
- Couples must post banns PHYSICALLY in the church one month before the wedding as Media Posting is NOT allowed.
- If your spouse is not in Abuja, kindly ensure that he/she joins the virtual classes which take place simultaneously with the in-person PMC classes. It is important that you inform the Support Team about this at the point of registration for the classes.
- For those in Abuja, physical attendance is compulsory, except where specifically or otherwise advised/guided by the Support Team. Also, to avoid any dairy clashes at work, school, or other, please ensure to make early and adequate preparation, communicate any concerns/challenges to the Support Team at the point of registration.
For dating singles who have decided to advance their relationship by attending the PMC, please fill out the following REGISTRATION FORM and submit it alongside the listed requirements.
Please note that these PMCs are not only for intending couples, but are also open to married couples that either didn’t have the benefit of attending such classes, or agree that a refresher is necessary in their marriage; do feel free to enroll